- Pull the Case to the edge of trunk and unzip the Case fully, twist it gently to reach the zippers corner.
- Fold down the rear passenger seats and place the mattress, pillows and duvet from the Case to the area on top of the flipped down back seats, so as to leave space in the trunk to butterfly the Case into position. Make sure the flip down plate faces upwards on top position, pointing forwards as it is easier to unfold the mattress.
- Butterfly the Case open as shown in picture. The leather fabric collapses once you apply bodyweight on top of it – for best performance the leather should collapse inwards into the case’s cavity.
- Unfold the Mattress and secure the flip down plate into position – at a 90 degree angle to the floor. For people taller than 180 cm ( 5,9 foot ) moving the seats forward may be necessary. It is possible to move the seats back into position after the bed is set up, this depends on how tall both passengers are. This will allow you to drive around with the bed fully set up.
- Remove duvet and pillows ( to the front seats ) and fold the mattress into position on top of back seats.
- Grab the DreamCase by the middle section and fold it together, then open it in reverse butterfly position with both Dream logos pointing downwards.
- Insert the mattress with the flip down system pointing to the bottom of the Case.
- Fold Duvet 50/50 then 33/33/33 and place it on top of the mattress. Pillows on top.
- Make sure the leather fabric is tucked clear before you close the case.
- Apply pressure on the top part of the Case, then zip one side until the corner only. Apply pressure on the opposite corner, and zip the other side until the corner, while applying pressure. Both zips now go into position in the front part with ease.
We deliver all DreamCase’s with our own rolling pillow design for maximum space efficiency. Roll the backside of pillows into a cylinder, hold it in place using elbow and zip the pillow together. Also the pillow covers have the same design. You can use the pillows in squares or oval shaped configurations.
Quick Pack and Couch Mode
- Fold three Mattress parts in a stack at the backside of the trunk. Leave the Case in position as when the bed is setup.
- Fold the Duvet 50/50 then 33/33/33 and place it on top of the mattress stack.
- Apply pillows either as headrests for Couch Mode or leave them flat for Quickpack and place the rear window shelf in position. Use both arms to squish some air out of duvet, if needed.
The DreamCase is delivered with a rubber mat. Place it under the Case as it is packed together. Although not Ludicrous approved, it will keep the Case in position during normal driving.
Picture Perfect Bed set up
- Make sure the mattress is positioned straight before you begin. Place the pillows in a center position using the middle console as aim.
- Place the duvet with the logo under the pillows, fold the top part of the duvet, and make sure the logo is centered correctly between the pillows.
- Fold the duvet around and under the mattress on each side, the middle part of the duvet around the wheel-well needs special attention to make sure the bedding is fully straightened.
- Fold the bottom of the duvet on both sides, and then fold the duvet under the mattress’ edge. Adjust final details.
Tips and notes
- Reaching the “Camper Mode” button on the main-screen is possible, but beware that the flip down structure is made out of plywood, and could break if you apply full body weight on it. Use one arm to offload some weight on the middle console and you can reach the main screen from the bed. We chose plywood for weight purposes, as plastic would add 1,2 kg more. The flip down system has a zipper in case you break the wood plate, it can be easily replaced.
- Turning on Camper Mode. When the Model S is in park mode, there is a button above the Aircon that say, “Keep Climate ON” as you switch this to ON position the aircon will not turn itself off unless the battery has less than 20 % charge left. Our experience shows that keeping climate between 19ºC ( 66ºF ) and 21ºC ( 70ºF ) gives an ideal sleep temperature, although it depends on weather conditions.
- Fan speed at speed 2 on a cool day could be sufficient and would consume about 20-25 km ( 13-16 miles) range for 8 hours sleep. Fan speed 4-5 or more on a hot day typically consume 40-45 km ( 25-28 miles ) range after 8 hour. These numbers vary due to weather and other factors. Our experience is that many people set the fan speed too high.
- DreamCase main zipper is especially strong and self-healing. If the zipper jumps out of position, apply pressure so that it can slide with ease, and then slide the zipper back and forth until the teeth synch back into position.