- Unzip the Case fully, we found that due to limited space, unpacking and packing the Case is best done in the front part of the trunk, through the side doors.
- Flip down the backseats and place the mattress, pillows and duvet from the Case into the front seats, as to leave space to butterfly the Case into position. Make sure the flip down plate is on top position, pointing forwards as it is easier to unfold the mattress.
- Place the Case in a butterflied fully open position in the trunk area with the carbon side facing upwards. The Case bridges the two niches on both sides of the trunk, flattening the surface, gives extra support, and stores the Case away during use. See picture below.
- Unfold the Mattress and flip down plate into position. As many people are taller than 180 cm ( 5,9 foot ) moving the seats forward is necessary, but it is possible to move the seats back into position after the bed is set up, this depends on how tall both passengers are.
- Access the bed through either side doors or trunk hatch. We found that the side doors work great as they are large compared to the cars size, and there is support on the edge of the folded seats.
- Remove duvet and pillows and fold the mattress into the Case with the flip down system pointing to the bottom of the Case.
- Fold Duvet 50/50 then 33/33/33 and place it on the top of mattress. Pillows on top.
- Make sure the side-material is tucked clear before you close the case.
- Apply pressure in the middle of the Case, then zip one side until the front corner only. Apply pressure on the other side corner, and zip this until the corner while applying pressure. Both zips now go into position in the front part with ease.
We deliver all DreamCase’s with our own rolling pillow design for maximum space efficiency. Roll the backside of pillows into a cylinder, hold it in place using elbow and zip the pillow together. Also the pillow covers have the same design. You can use the pillows in squares or oval shaped configurations.
Quick Pack Mode
- Fold three Mattress parts in a stack at the backside of the trunk, leaving the fourth in its original position. Make room to fold seats back up by sliding the Case underneath together.
- Fold the Duvet 50/50 then 33/33/33 and place it on top of the mattress stack, use both arms to squish some air out of duvet, if need to.
- Place the pillows on top.
Picture Perfect Bed set up
- Make sure the mattress is positioned straight before you begin. Place the pillows in a center position using the middle line of the middle console as aim.
- Place the duvet with the logo under the pillows, fold the top part, and make sure the logo is centered correctly between the pillows.
- Fold the duvet around the mattress on each side, the middle part needs special attention to make the bed fully straight.
- Fold the bottom of the duvet on both sides, and then under the mattress edge. Adjust final details.
Tips and notes
- Reaching the “Camper Mode” button on the main-screen is possible, but beware that the flip down structure is made out of plywood, and could break if you apply full body weight on it. Use one arm to offload some weight on the middle console and you can reach the main screen from the bed. We chose plywood for weight purposes, as plastic would add 1,2 kg more. The flip down system has a zipper in case you break the wood plate, it can be easily replaced.
- Turning on Camper Mode. When the Model S is in park mode, there is a button above the Aircon that say, “Keep Climate ON” as you switch this to the ON position the aircon will not turn itself off unless the battery has less than 20 % charge left. Our experience shows that keeping climate between 19oC ( 66oF ) and 21oC ( 70oF ) gives an ideal sleep temperature, although it depends on weather conditions.
- Fan speed at speed 2 on a cool day could be sufficient and would consume about 20-25 km ( 13-16 miles) range for 8 hours sleep. Fan speed 4-5 or more on a hot day typically consume 40-45 km ( 25-28 miles ) range after 8 hour. These numbers vary due to weather and other factors. Our experience is that many people set the fan speed too high.
- DreamCase main zipper is especially strong and self-healing. If the zipper jumps out of position, apply pressure so that it can slide with ease, and then slide the zipper back and forth until the teeth synch back into position.